North Street, Newry, County Down

North Street, Newry, County Down
North Street, Newry, County Down

Thursday 28 March 2019

Aileen Maude Beatrice Biddulph [1905 - 1933]


Aileen Maude Beatrice Biddulph was born in 1905 the sixth daughter of William Nicholas Biddulph and Rebecca Clarke. She was known as Maude by her family. In the 1911 Census she is aged five and living in Park Avenue, Sandymount, Dublin, with her family. Maude was ten years old when her father William died. She never married.
I knew Maude when she lived in Mount Merrion, County Dublin, and I remember her with great affection.  She taught me shorthand and typing when I was a student, and I spent many evenings in her house drinking tea and talking about the family. Her nephew Tony, of whom she was clearly very fond, had drawn up a short history of the Biddulph family and their origins which she passed on to me when she left Dublin and went to live in New Inn. She had a house, I think it might have been in Kerry, which she often invited me to stay in. To my regret, I never did
Maude died on the 18th of July 1993 and is believed to be buried at Congor, County Tipperary.

No comments:

Post a Comment